John 20:29 - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cross of Christ

Cross of Christ is the only way for man’s hope of salvation. (Col 1:20). All alone our Lord endured the persecution, agony and shame to gain victory over physical death (Heb 12;2). It is only through Christ, man can be united with God. He is the one and only way to Heaven. (John 14:6).

He showed us that the route to heaven is very narrow, filled with challenges, sufferings and persecution (Mat 7:14), (Mat 10). And only few can find it! Only for those who are able to follow our Lord’s footsteps. Mat 10:38 - And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

In our daily pace of life, we may be faced with many distractions that may “cloud” the narrow way which our Lord has shown us in His Word. For example, pride and pomp of life, love of money, ambition before God, “fit” into the culture of the social group, status (1 Jn 2:16, 17). Are we going to compromise our opportunity by falling away through this “cloud”?

We can stay the course against fleshly lusts and affections from the world in four ways:
(1) Crucifying (subdue/ bring under control)(Gal 5:24)
(2) Denying (abstain – saying ‘NO’) (Luke 9:23)
(3) love not (hate – feel intense dislike) (1 Jn 2:15)
(4) flee (remove yourself) (2 Tim 2:22)

Essentially, is to pull the “weight of Christ” – making the stand of Christ, firm, clear and simple daily!

And of course, done so with the (attitude) humility (Php 2;8) and (action) walking in the Spirit (Gal 5:16) of Christ. These ways would help us to face any persecutions, agony and shame that may come with following Christ in the narrow way!

Gal 2:20, I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No comments: